DBA (Database Administrator)
Philippines’ trusted executive search and recruitment company Lennor Metier is urgently recruiting for a highly technical DBA (Database Administrator) on behalf of a Business Process Outsourcing client.
The position will be based in Ortigas Center Pasig, Philippines.
As a Database Administrator (DBA) you will be responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of a database. You'll be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- Performs data extraction, builds recurring and ad-hoc reports, and analysis; designs, develops, and implements customized tables, queries, and reports; gathers information about reporting needs, objectives, functions, features, and input/output requirements; manipulates data to create enhancements to existing reports; incorporates end-user requests and requirements to develop an enterprise reporting solution
- Deploy and configure AWS Redshift Columnar & RDS (MySQL/Aurora) instances, databases, and configuration for optimum performance
- Automate provisioning, operation, monitoring and troubleshooting of the database and data lake infrastructure
- Provide DBA support across the dev, QA, staging and production environments
- Perform maintenance and optimization of transactional databases and very large database data warehouses to address chronic issues
- Automate routine DBA tasks through scripting (Bash, etc.) and/or open-source tools
- Setup monitoring solutions to proactively capture, analyze and resolve database related issues
- Ensure that databases systems meet security, performance, availability, capacity and reliability requirements
- Configure systems for high availability (HA) and business continuity including backup and recovery plans
- Troubleshoot complex problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools as well as perform complex instance, query tuning, and performance monitoring
- Ensure that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
- Installation new versions of the database management system (DBMS), its tools and any other tools that access the database
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of related work experience with AWS Redshift or another analytic columnar, or xternal columnar data format, like Postgres, combined with a SQL engine, like MySQL or SQL Server
- High level of proficiency of Redshift, AWS, Postgres, MySQL, DMS, Glue, Cloudwatch, Talend, and Data Warehousing
- Strong command over MS Excel
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Skilled at maintaining multiple projects and reports
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If you are keen to join and ready to take up the challenge, please send your application now!
Kindly visit our website at www.lennormetier.com for more exciting job opportunities